November 14, 2012

A Thousand Shades of Blue

November 14, 2012

If I had to sum up my life in one color, it would definitely have to be. . .

Blue.

My life is so filled with shades of blue that it almost isn't funny.

Hmmm. . .where to start??

1)  Midnight blue.

The shade of blue that hinders on black, but is just enough on the lighter side to keep it blue.  The shade of blue that is a constant reminder to me of something that has always been lacking in my life.  The author of my current Bible study, Kelly Minter, sums it up like this:

"the kind of friendships your heart always holds out hope for, but that you're not sure you'll ever find.  They aren't perfect friendships, but they are lifelong, deep, and full of whatever says 'home'."




I've always longed for one of those friends. . .you know, the kind that will go shopping with you, will share your deepest secrets, and knows your faults but loves you anyway. 

Friendships throughout my life have always been superficial. . .kind of like the icing without the cake--they are great people and I love them dearly, but I just miss that one extra step. . .you know. . .just a little deeper.

2)  Deep sky blue.

The kind of blue that runs through my veins.

THIS blue:
















Oh, how I LOVE me some Carolina TarHeels!!  And basketball season is now in full swing--Yippee!!

3)  Baby blue.

The kind that reminds me of this guy:










































Oh, how I love this kid!!  He's smart.  He's funny.  He keeps me on my toes!!

And he loves the Lord with all his heart. . .

God truly blessed me with Tyler. . .

He brightens my days.

4)  Denim.

Yes, denim.

And not because I am a fan of blue jeans.

I am a fan of comfort, though, and most people around work relate comfort to one thing--JEAN DAY!! 

I like my comfort zone.  I like cozying up with a blanket and a good book.  I like hot soup and chicken n' dumplings. 

Comfort.

I don't like to wander too far out of my comfort zone, but I have learned that in order to please God, I sometimes must take a leap of faith.

And I have learned to embrace change through that.

Well.

Maybe not embrace exactly.

5)  Blue-gray.

Like the color of the sky when it is time for. . .

SNOW!!!!

Which I am praying for LOTS of this year!!  :-)


Aahhhh. . . what a beautiful sight!!

6)  Mayan blue.

(It really is a color--check Wikipedia!!)

The color of all of my nightclothes except for one set of pj's.

I don't know why I just thought of that, but it fits, and I'm sure you'll feel better knowing that I sleep in some form of Mayan blue jammies every night!  :P

And that's it. . .my truly blue life!


















What's your color??















1 comment :

Piper said...

Glad your back! I have missed your posts!!
I have never thought of my favorite color as being "my color" and what that means.
Thinking of it, when Kea asks me my favorite color, I usually respond. Blue.... cause blue comes in sooo many shades...but he asked one day, if blue is your favorite color, why don't you wear blue a lot.
Hmm, other than "blue jeans" I guess he has a point?!!