November 27, 2011

Deck the Halls

Sigh.

I find myself doing that a lot lately.

I'm not sure what's going on, just that life's been a little dull lately.

Prime example:

I LOVE Christmas!!  Decorating is usually the highlight of my season.

But this year, something seems different.

I put my tree up. 

Finally.

And, for a week, it looked like this:






Just lights.

Nothing else.

And I had almost decided to leave it that way.

After all, look at Charlie Brown's tree. . .

It wasn't half bad!!

: )



Anyway, I decided to get brave and take my own Christmas picture for our Christmas cards this year, instead of paying someone else to do them.

Big mistake.

Either he smiled.




 Or she did.
















Or someone moved.
















Or the camera blurred.
















Or someone would get a case of the sillies.




















Sigh.

This is as close as we got.




















I'll hire someone next week.

Anyway, back to my original thought.

I finally got around to getting the ornaments on the tree.

At midnight.

Decorating the tree is always a very emotional time for me.

I can tell you where every single ornament on my tree came from.

Where we got it.

And why.

I took a few pictures of my favorites. . .





This one is pretty self-explanatory.

GO HEELS!!!!

(They got stomped by UNLV while I was putting up my tree. . .another depressing thought!!)

; )











My stocking from my Christmas tree growing up.

For many years growing up, my Mom suffered with Lupus.

She wasn't able to get out and shop, but my tiny stocking always had money for me to get things that I wanted or needed for Christmas.











I just love this one.

Randy made it in Kindergarten.

He was so cute!!

: D









Princess H as a newborn.

Had God not worked a miracle in my life and in Randy's life and in our marriage, there would be no Baby H.

She always makes me smile.

I am so very thankful that HIS thoughts are not my thoughts and HIS ways are not my ways.

I would've just messed everything up.









Tyler's tiny footprint.

He was not quite one year old when we made this.

Now, his toes barely fit on the ornament.

They grow up way too fast.








I have so many things to be thankful for.

GOD is so good to me.

Much better than I deserve.

Now that I've had my (sigh my kids are growing up too fast can't I just put a brick on their head man look what God has brought me from) pity party, I'll share the other trees throughout the house tomorrow.

4 comments :

Piper said...

I love this Lynn. I love how you have those ornaments with a story. Most of ours have a story as well. (no we haven't even started to put out Christmas) Sometimes I think I want to change it up a bit and have a "new tree' with all new decorations. But that thought only lasts a moment, because I don't want to miss out on those special memories which are blessings in my life!!

Anonymous said...

Lynn, I love love love your blog. I do not know you well, but what I see and read tells me you are someone worth getting to know. I know that God is going to use and already has in what you have written. You are a true blessing to me. Your sister in Christ. Trish

~Lynn~ said...

Trish~
Thank you so much for your comment. I so often struggle with finding time to blog and wondering what my purpose is in sharing my mundane thoughts with people who could probably care less. But God's thoughts are greater than my thoughts and His ways higher than my ways. I am so glad that He is blessing you through me. Much love~~

Elaine said...

I love your tree and how each ornament has a story. And I have to say :) to a UNC loss! It may be a Christmas miracle! XO!