November 12, 2011

Simple Saturday

I have a feeling that, through blogging, I am going to realize what a BORING life I have!!  Maybe this new adventure will encourage me to get off my can and DO something with my life!!

I decided to keep the weekends simple. . .a word I don't use often enough. 

So, simply put, these are the things that are occupying my time and my thoughts these days:

1)  My women's Bible study

. . .with the greatest group of ladies on the planet!!


And, this is Deidre. . .

She is brave enough to lead our group.  : )
She is also the one who convinced me that I should start a blog of my own.  I follow her blog regularly. . .you should too!! 
I so admire her. . .her passion for the Lord is mind-boggling.  I pray that  someday I can be as dedicated as she is.  She is a great friend!

2)  The Help by Kathryn Stockett 


This is such a great book!  I didn't really think I was going to like it, but now that I am well into it, it's hard to put it down!!  I can't wait to see the movie!!  (I always like to read the book before I see the movie!)

3)  The Big Balloon Race by Ellen Coerr


My kids are going to read this starting on Monday.  I like books that teach children to persevere, to keep going, to never give up! 

And. . .

4) Reindeer.

Yes, I said reindeer.

The theme our second grade classroom is going to work on between now and Christmas.  We are going to read "Rudolph," study Olive, the Other Reindeer. . .


. . .and watch the movie "Prancer."


Please share any reindeer ideas you might have.  We are going to make reindeer, study reindeer, even feed the reindeer!!

Ahhh. . .the life of a teacher!

Have a beautiful weekend!

2 comments :

Elaine said...

See, you are a great blogger and you didn't even know it! HA! My life, too is boring, and I have absolutely no idea why anyone would want to read about it...but I promise you, if you keep at blogging, the people will find you much more interesting than you think! Love ya!

rita said...

Wow!... I love your blog...it is really pretty!
I am sure you will have tons of things to share...and your children will love it when they get alitle older.. What a great keepsake for them to have.
:D. Rbf