January 7, 2013

Back to the Grind

Something is very wrong with me today.



I'm not sure what it is.

Or when it happened.

But I actually didn't mind going to work.

I was actually well rested and ready to come back. 


Well, maybe not THAT rested.

But, once I had all of my babies together in my classroom, well, I just didn't realize that I had actually missed every one of their smiling faces.

As I was preparing for the day, I flipped my perpetual calendar over to January 7th, and found exactly what I needed for today:

    "The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.  He makes me lie down in green pastures; he leads me beside still waters; he restores my soul.  He leads me in right paths for his name's sake.  Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I fear no evil; for you are with me; your rod and your staff--they comfort me."                        ~~Psalm 23:1-4 NRSV



It feels good to have a Monday come up that I didn't dread.  Maybe I should take two week vacations more often!!

No comments :